Wednesday, November 28, 2007

It's that time of the semester again...

time to choose classes! And, of course, everyone's laptop suddenly decides to stop loading the Emerson Courses List. Which means the computer lab today was PACKED. Thankfully I had already written down the codes for the classes I wanted, so it wasn't a huge deal. However, a couple of classes I really wanted to take were full, so my dear friend Jenn went to the webpage and IMed me the codes for a couple classes.

I'm still considering a Marketing minor, or perhaps a Journalism one, but I like my schedule as it is right now and since you only need 4 classes for the minor I could start next fall working towards it. We'll see. You can declare a minor at any time too, so I don't have to do it by the end of the Spring semester like I have to declare Writing Literature and Publishing as my official major. I'm also wondering if I want to declare a BFA instead of a BA, but I'm not entirely sure what that entails other than a better degree. If it's a lot more work then I should probably stay away seeing as how I stress out over schoolwork enough as it is.

Anyway. My schedule as of right now is:

Monday: American Literature 10-11:15
Tuesday: Magazine Writing 2-3:45, Advanced Creative Writing 4-5:45
Wednesday: American Literature 10-11:15
Thursday: Magazine Writing 2-3:45, Advanced Creative Writing 4-5:45
Friday: American Literature 10-11:15, Psychology of Gender, Race, and Ethnicity 12-3:45

The psychology one takes out my psych gen ed and my us diversity gen ed so now the only gen ed I have left is Science I believe. More room on my schedule to later take a marketing or journalism class! Also, if Copyediting clears up (it's full as of now) then I'm snatching it up, so that might mess with the schedule a bit.

One paper down, one more to go for this week. I'm contemplating taking my laptop to Greece though, so I can work on my other million and a half papers I have to do before the end of the week. Let's see... what's left... a short story, two revised short stories, an 8 page paper on the effects of tourism on a culture, a collage and accompanying paper on how Europeans view Americans, and an 8 (?) page paper on an ethical subject of my choosing (Animal Rights). Oh God I have lots of work to do... Plus two finals to study for. Uuuuugh.

That is all. It is dinnertime.

<3 and miss you all, only 16 more days!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey,
i know things have been hard now that you're in the home stretch. because if i know you (which i might) i know you've been working really hard on your studies and on just keeping yourself together for the last couple weeks you're there.

so i'm just letting you know that i miss you and that we're all here for when you get home.
so see you soon!
-aaron