Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Romantic Weekend Getaway!

I'm going to brag for a moment and say that I definately have the best boyfriend ever. He came all the way to another continent to visit me, spending crazy amounts of money, just to stay for a week. It was amazing and wondergful and I miss him so much already.

Saying goodbye at the train station and waving as the train pulls away is the saddest thing ever.

Anyway.

Aaron arrived Wednesday afternoon. All through my 2:30 class I was on the edge of my seat, bouncing around all excited. When I got out at 4:15 I went to my room and paced since I didn't think he would be there until 4:30. That lasted all of two seconds before my friends practically threw me out to go wait for him. And as I was crossing the bridge over the moat, there he was, leaning against the big tree staring into the distance and looking deep in thought. I broke him out of the trance by yelling "AARON!" and he ran up to me and picked me up and swung me around in his arms. Cliche, cutesy meeting, and it was perfect :)

We spent the rest of the day in Well, I showed him the castle and he met my friends and ate in our dining hall. Then we went to American Night at the Linden but it wasn't as exciting as it usually is. Aaron got to try my favorite Dutch beer, which was a little sweet for him he said. Then we walked all the way to his hotel, and of course it was raining. It always rains in Holland. I think it rained every time we had to take that long dark walk.

The next morning we checked out of the hotel, had breakfast at the castle, and were going to leave for Amsterdam but Aaron was having some bank issues so we had to wait for Bank of America's customer service to be open. Then we took the train to Amsterdam and checked into our hotel. It was about 5 by this time, so we got dinner and just chilled. He was still a bit jet-lagged. The hotel was cute, our room was very small but the woman who ran the place was very nice. Her cat was cute and sat on my lap.

The next morning we got up, ate breakfast, and went to the Van Gogh museam. It was pretty cool, but didn't have many of his famous paintings. Still very interesting though. Then we went on a search for the Anne Frank house, which we finally found. It was pretty amazing. I almost cried.

The next day we were going to go to Brussels, but we got up too late so we just spent the day in Amsterdam again. Didn't do a whole lot, just walked around and enjoyed the sights. That night we went on a pub crawl (could have been the night before, I forget) of various pubs/clubs in Amsterdam. It was really fun. 20 Euro for six clubs, six free drinks, and shots along the way. Oddly enough, we didn't get too drunk. However, we did get very lost trying to find our way back to the hotel after we decided we'd had enough. And it started to rain. And we didn't have money for a cab. But we found our way back and all was well :)

Then we came back to Well for the following three days. I still had some classes and Aaron tagged along and read his book. Tuesday we tried to go to Brussels again, but it was 60 Euro for a ticket so we decided to just go to Nimeijn instead. It was mostly shopping, which I'm sure was thrilling for Aaron, but it was still fun. We had lunch in a cute pub and shopped around. I still haven't found a peacoat I like, I think I'll just end up buying one when I go home. It's an impossible mission to find one that fits me well, is warm enough, is in a color I like, and not too expensive.

Today we got up very early and said goodbye. Exactly one month until I see him again. I miss him already. It was definately a week to remember :)

<3

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im gonna have to disagree and say that I have the best boyfriend ever, but I think I may be a bit bias. Glad you had a good week :)

Anonymous said...

Good to hear that you and Aaron had fun.
Thank you for your postcard. Logan was especially intrigued by your description of Amsterdam's canals with the many swans!

Anonymous said...

I messed up in my previous post. I meant to sign as Aunt Krissy....not anonymous. :)

Anonymous said...

I had a lot of fun.
Sincerely, Aaron Borucki (your boyfriend from Massachusetts).
PS. How are you?