Monday, December 10, 2007

Last Day in Amsterdam...

So, today was my third and final trip to Amsterdam. I went with Kate and Shawna, two girls who are in my circle of friends but who I've never hung out with without a ton of other people. It was nice to spend time with them and bond a little since we weren't as close. We definately had a lot of fun.

It started with lunch at my favorite favorite favorite sandwich shop that me and Aaron discovered when he visited called Soup Kitchen. The Healthy Herbie sandwich and Cream of Spinach with Pesto soup were amazing as always. To think I will never taste them again is saddening. I hope I can find a good equivilant in the US, perhaps Panera will adopt the Spinach soup...

I bought lots of souvenirs for family and such. It was fun, I think I found some good ones. Amsterdam is a really good walking city. And really pretty. Canals everywhere, even the red light district looks gorgeous in the day, with the swans swimming through the middle. We were going to wait until dark and walk the red light district again, but it was only dusk by the time we were tired and out of money. So we headed back.

It was a fun day with new friends. Definately a successful trip :)

I came back, however, to CRAZY luggage regulations. Aparently the flight we take to London, where we're supposed to bring allll our stuff to since we're leaving for home from there, has different weight regulations than we had on Northwest coming here. Just going Netherlands to London. The weight restrictions are so different that technically we'd have to get rid of half our stuff to be able to get over to London without spending about $200.

So. The parents have begun calling I hear. This will be an interesting last day tomorrow...

Love and miss everyone! FOUR DAYS!!!

No comments: