Monday, October 1, 2007

I lost my keys.

I lost my keys somewhere. That's 70 Euro down the drain for a new set. Maybe by some miracle I left them at home and Mom will find them and bring them to me on Thursday... but I probably would have seen them in my packing was that the case. I probably dropped them in the airport somewhere, never to be seen or heard from again...

When I arrived at the castle after a fairly decent flight (though I couldn't get comfortable enough to sleep) I had no way in. I looked around for open windows to see if anyone could hear me and let me in, then realized our dorm had a buzzer. So someone rung me in. But I still couldn't get into my room. I was all ready to camp out outside my room until my roommates got back that night since I was pretty sure Residence Life didn't work on Sundays... but then Chester Lee came to my rescue yet again and opened my door. (did I mention that, when I got the news about my Dad, he was the one to 1. Download a train schedule 2. Drive me to the train station 3. Pay for my train ticket 4. Accompany me all the way to the airport and navigate the train switches along the way and 5. Show me which gate to get on in the airport? Plus he told all my teachers what happened, and told me not to even think about schoolwork until I got back. Yeah, he's kind of my hero a little bit)

Jill and Heather had left me Welcome Home! signs on my desk and bed. Also, a shotglass from Scotland with Scottish Terriers on it. I love my roomies.

So, upon entering, I scoured my room for my keys. No luck. So I put on my pajama pants and crawled into bed, hoping to sleep for a few hours at most. This is about 10 am at the latest. I wake up at 5 pm as my roommates return. Yes, that's right, I got a whole 8 hours, a full "nighttime" of sleep. Now it's 2 am and I have no hope of any sort of normal sleep pattern for at least another day. Must. NOT. Nap tomorrow...

Everyone gave me hugs and my friend Eric nearly made me fall over when he saw me by running and JUMPING onto me and hugging my face so hard it made me bite my tongue. Aw, I missed everyone lots.

We leave for London on THURSDAY. I get to see Mom and Val on FRIDAY. I'm really excited :) I'm glad they're still going, even with everything that happened. I'm so excited for London and Paris, they're the two places I've always wanted to travel.

Aaron officially got his tickets today!! I am so excited!!

Lots of fun things coming up. I'll be sure to take endless amounts of pictures!

<3 and miss everyone, as always.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

keep it up.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.