Saturday, September 29, 2007

Another plane ride...

So, despite the tragic circumstances that brought me home... it was nice to be back for a little while. I was missing everyone a lot, and it was nice to see my family, my friends, my wonderful boyfriend, and my cats again. Also, it was really great to eat American food again!

Now I have to pack. I got some new clothes, new SHOES and I must remember to bring my silver shoes that I missed so much. I also have the Easy Mac that Heather requested, hopefully it'll make it through Customs. Still unsure as to how I'll get Papa Gino's Chicken Tenders (buffalo) over there, but I'm sure as hell going to try. I think I'll have enough room for everything, it's the return in December I'm a little worried about. But I was like 20 pounds under the limit when I went there, and I won't have the heavy bottles of shampoo and stuff when I get back. So I should be okay.

I want to thank everyone yet again for all the love and support they've given me these past few days/week. It's been amazing to see how many people's lives my dad touched. Even people who only knew him a little while will miss him. So many people came to the wake, it showed how loved he was. The funeral ceremony was beautiful. It was fun to hear all his friends tell stories about him. I'm glad I was able to sing for him one last time.

Now I'm off to the Netherlands yet again, to deal with another plane ride (not my favorite) and another week of jet lag. Hopefully my teachers will be sympathetic. Dad would have wanted me to go back and continue my adventure. He was so excited and proud.

Now, to get back to packing. Love you all! I'll miss you! Keep commenting! <3

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love and miss you too, Ashley!
I'm so proud of the young woman that you have become.
You and Drew are constantly in my thoughts.
Much love, Aunt Krissy

Blog readers,
Comments are like hugging via blog....so let's all send Ash some more hugs!!!!

mom said...

Ash, You will always be our SUNSHINE.
Even in the midst of such tragedy you rose to the ocassion to do what needed to be done in your own way.
Your beautifull smile ,your peacefull, caring ,personality and your devilish sense of humor show how much like your dad you are.
Continue your Journey ...have fun again.. see the world.. leave a part of your self everywhere you go. the world is such a better place because you are in it. Know that your dad now really will be with you every step of the way.
XOXO lots of love and hugs,Mom