Monday, September 10, 2007

First day of classes...

Today was the first official day of classes. Already I'm realizing that I chose classes with lots of writing involved. Kind of sucky, but I AM a Writing Major so I should expect it. I just ate dinner and decided to sneak to the computer lab since the wireless internet is down yet again. I don't like the keyboard here so this entry will not be long. Because wireless is down I still haven't been able to make a picture blog yet. I will do this soon. Thankfully they're sending someone to fix the internet tomorrow.

My allergies are killing me right now. I couldn't stop sneezing in one of my classes and had to excuse myself to the bathroom and wait until the sneezing subsided. I took some Bendryl and a nap and it's better but my nose is still very much like a faucet. I think it's from living in this old castle with all its dust and such. Hopefully it'll get better as I get more used to it.

There was a boat tour last night. It was really pretty, but a little chilly. We each got coupons for two free drinks. I got a screwdriver and a hot cocoa (non alcoholic). I loved seeing all the personal boats and little houses and waterfowl. I took many pictures.

I realized that I brought plenty of warm clothes, but not many overly pretty warm clothes. I forgot how into fashion most people seem to be here, and it makes me wish I'd gone a little more adventurous with my packing. I have only two skirts but they're more functional than pretty and the leggins I brought only work with one of them, and I REALLY wish I'd remembered to bring my pretty silver shoes because the black flats I brought give me blisters. Maybe it'll be too cold to care soon, but also maybe I can find some deals in Venlo, a nearby city. But I haven't visited there yet so I don't know what they have for shopping.

Not much else is new. I'm still missing everyone lots. I think I talked to five different people on Skype last night. I love that thing.

I'n gonna go get ready for my next class, Literary Foundations, which goes until 9. Comments on my blog are much appreciated and encourage me to write more :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

keep it up, lady. it would be a shame to deny us of your writing. if it's encouragement you want, then here it is! yay!
i can't wait to talk again.
-aaron

Anonymous said...

Ashley you are awesome and I <3 you! I"m sorry you're sniffely, I have been too lately. Only I am not in a big old castle, I'm just sickly.

mom said...

I'm sorry that youe allergies are so bad,A drawback to living in a castle!
I'm eagerly awaiting pictures ..how's the new camera? XOXO as always

Anonymous said...

i pretty much visit this page every day so like aaron said, "it would be a shame to deny us of your writing." glad to see you're having fun and i miss you!

<3 Shmoo