Wednesday, September 5, 2007

And so it begins

Today I officially began packing. Officially meaning gathering all the things I knew I was bringing and trying to figure out what to bring and what to leave behind. With two days to go this is really crunch time but that's how I always pack. Granted, I am going to be gone three months but... Hopefully it will all be alright.

For those of you who are not so up on the details: As of September 6th I will be off to The Netherlands until December 14th. My school owns a castle (yes... a CASTLE...) in Well, The Netherlands (a short ride to Amsterdam) and each semester 80 students are selected to do their studies there. All classes are in English, and there are no classes on Fridays to encourage European travel. I plan on blogging as much as I can so all the people I love back home can keep up to date with my Euro-ventures. I feel like this is a better option than sending an email to a bunch of people at once (though I will be emailing select people too... I have always sucked at being a penpal though so email me first) and will allow me to get comments back and post pictures without using up everyones email space.

So, yeah. This is the first entry. Let's hope I have anough time to keep up on my schoolwork, explore Europe, and keep up a website. Woo!

2 comments:

ashleyblom said...

oh. my. lord. so i was in europe last month. i happen to know that ANOTHER ashley blom is in europe as we speak (type...whatever). and now you are going to europe! CRAZINESS....

mom said...

Miss you allready..........