Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Important Sending Stuff Information!

For anyone who would like to send me a package, there are some things to remember:
-Do NOT use UPS. They aparently have not been reliable in the past and I guess there are some billing issues between the company and the castle. Also, the U.S. Postal Service is an option that is cheaper but takes a looooong time and hasn't been the most reliable service. They suggest using FedEx because it is quick and reliable.
-Try not to make it too heavy, shipping stuff overseas is expensive. The heavier the package, the more it will cost.
-Use this format for my address:
Ashley Blom
Street Address: Kasteellaan 20
Town or City: Well
Postal Code: 5855 AE
Province: Limburg
Country: The Netherlands

*Remember: My birthday is October 11th, hehe ;) If anyone wants to send me anything... an itunes giftcard would be wonderous. I forgot some songs I wanted to bring. And Euros are nice, haha. You can get them at any local bank! And anything else, I don't know, you all probably know what I like. Even a card would be thrilling, I haven't gotten any mail yet. ALSO: if anyone has any pictures, I totally forgot to bring any to put on my walls = no pictures from people at home. I'd love some photos to be sent here!

Okay. So, not too much has been happening. I think the most exciting thing I did today was go shopping again. Now that classes have started and I am not obligated to get up at 8 am I probably won't, but then I'll miss breakfast. So I got some snacks.

I added more pictures to http://internationalashley.blogspot.com And tried to put them in chronological order. If you click to the side, that says European Adventure, it's a bit more organized and easy to see the pictures.

Megan's birthday was last night. We went to The Linden and celebrated. It was fun, but I think I'll avoid going to the bar in the middle of the week from now on. I didn't have class until 2:30 though, so it was okay, but it's money I don't need to spend. But yeah. On the walk back Jill and I were very entranced by the stars. I didn't realize how pretty they are here. So we laid down in the field and looked at them for a while and we saw a shooting star. It was really cool.

Internet appears to be back up and running, which is convienent. It was a pain in the butt to have to keep going to the computer lab whenever I wanted to check my email. Hopefully it'll last!

We booked our next trip today! We're going to Scotland! We found plane tickets for $50, and a hostel for like $20. I like my new little group of friends, they're fun. Another idea we had was to go to Switzerland and either go skydiving (I doubt any of us would be brave enough, but it's something I've always wanted to do) or take a plane tour of the Swiss Alps. I think by then we can activate our Eurail passes so we won't have to fly. We also are considering going to Greece and Ireland. Plus in a couple of weeks we're going to London, and then Mom and Val are meeting us there and we're going to Paris. I'm excited :)

Homework to do... <3 and miss you all, like always.

2 comments:

ashleyblom said...

I'm so jealous that you are going to travel all over. I want to go back to Europe now. Have lots of fun...and I found that drinking in the dorm (even if it technically wasn't allowed) was more fun than going out to the bar...and way cheaper...play cards or something....have fun!

mom said...

A Package is on its way ,sent 9/12 fed ex,lets see how long it takes to get to you...all the plans are so fantastic (except the sky diving....Please don't)I can't wait to see you too xoxo